Friday, August 13, 2010

Wedding Season 2009

Last year I started out with my cousin's wedding where I took my friend Kristin as my date. The reception was in Eagle, Mich just outside of Lansing. It was a lot of fun to see my family and celebrate. I also had a very good family friend's wedding down in North Carolina. I went with my friend Michelle and also with my parents. The wedding was at a golf course resort in Pine Hurst so we stayed right on the grounds. That led to some trouble as the wine kept coming all night long and the party moved its way to the bar after the wedding and ultimately to the pool. Lets just say breakfast the next morning was a bit difficult. Wedding number 3 last year was my friend from MSU, Fran. Her wedding was down near Cleveland. I have a friend in Chicago who was also attending this wedding so we drove together which made it nice. I took a stop off in Detroit Friday night to hang out with some friends and pick up my friend Mandy who was my date for this wedding. As we were driving to Cleveland I realized I did not have the invite so no address or time or anything. In a panic I texted one of the brides maids and found out all the details. Once we finally got there I realized I had the exact same color shirt on as the wedding party so I found the nearest store and bought a new shirt. Mandy had also forgotten her make up. We were off to a great start. The reception was a very good time with lots of friends and dancing and as all other weddings some drinking. The next morning we woke up very early and made our way back to Detroit for the Lions home opener. That was quite a weekend of driving and if I can remember correctly it was about 1100 miles on my car. The 4th wedding I went to I was in. I was also there when they met because I introduced them. I was there to help with Kyle's proposal to Erin and I took pictures for them. Their wedding was a very nice wedding on a small lake near Ann Arbor, Mich. This was a very gloomy day that turned just before the wedding started and the sun even made an appearance out over the water. I thought Erin was going to kill someone during the rehearsal when they said they may have to move her wedding indoors. We were also having issues with our tux's because the buttons kept falling off. One even fell off just a few seconds before we had to walk out for the wedding. All said and done it was a very nice very smooth wedding and I was very happy to have been a part of it. The last wedding I attended in 2009 was that of my cousin Ryan. His wedding was out in Rhode Island. I have been to Rhode Island many time in my life and I love it there in the fall. Like my other cousin's wedding earlier in the summer this was filled with family and it was very nice to get to see everyone. I had a great time out visiting my family both before and after the ceremony. During the reception I did have a small tiff with one of the bar tenders. Ahe served my younger sister without any question but when it came to me she needed my ID which I did not have. It was out in the car. As she had not carded anyone else there I was kind of taken back. By the time I hunted down my mom and finally found the car keys then found my ID and returned to get my drinks i went to put the ID down on the bar and say "I'll take my wine now" but the card kind of slapped the bar making an obnoxious noise so I just ran with it and came off as quite an ass. She would not serve me the rest of the night but made the other bar tender.

2009 was a great year and so far 2010 is looking very good. This year is no different then last year except all of the weddings I have had are friends weddings. My friend Caity got married, my old roommate Mark is getting married this weekend and then next month my friends Jon and Jenn are getting married and in November my friend Allie.

No comments:

Post a Comment