Caity got married on August 7th in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan to Brent. Since this wedding in Mt Pleasant was close to my family’s cottage in Houghton Lake I just stayed there. I brought one of my good friends from Chicago, Kate. We left Chicago Thursday night and drove to Houghton Lake passing through Lansing on the way to pick up my family dog, Otis. Friday we spent just lounging around at Houghton Lake and then we out drinking with my family at our friend’s bar, The Northshore Lounge. After that evening I didn’t think I would even want to drink the next day at Caity’s wedding.
We drove down from Houghton Lake to Mt Pleasant for Caity’s weddings. The wedding was in a nice little city park called Nelson Park. It was a very nicely landscaped and had a good setting. The weather was beautifully sunny and warm. The weddings itself was fairly short and to the point but very nicely done. This was the first wedding I have been to that had bubbles that people actually blew so that was quite fun.
After the wedding we went the short short distance to the reception at Centennial Hall. We found our seats, which were very close to the dance floor and also the bar. The venue its self looked a bit old but looked like a lot of time has gone into it in recent years to spruce the place up to look like a grand ballroom rather then just a rectangular hall. Overall I was very pleased with the appearance of the room. To my surprise once we finished dinner where I had had a couple glasses of wine I went to the bar. The bar tenders were very friendly and made a variety of drinks that are untraditional so naturally I had to try them. One led to another and so on. I must say I enjoyed the girl’s version of a Long Island Ice Tea very much. One of my friends, Aaron, tried to play bar tender himself but his drink did not come out to tasty but it was very strong. It was crown and peach snaps but it definitely needed some pop added to it. During the reception I spent a lot of time on the dance floor dancing with Kate as well a few friends of mine that I had not seen in awhile that I knew through Caity.
As the conclusion of the reception approached I called my parents to come and pick us up. Earlier in the night Menna’s had been brought up. Menna’s is an East Lansing original and I got it in my mind that I wanted it. So when my parents came to pick us up I requested that they take us there so I could get Kate to sample a part of East Lansing. Once we left Menna’s and returned to the cottage we decided that we wanted smores as well. So at 1:30 in the morning we built a fire in the fire pit and roasted marshmallows. These are not just any marshmallows these are super sized giant marshmallows that came from Meijer. They tasted so good but they were very messy. It went very well with the candy bags we had made at the wedding, which had a very good variety of candy to choose from. This was a very good night and I hope Caity and Brent a safe return to Baltimore and to enjoy their Honeymoon.
Date: Kate
Location: Mt Pleasant, Mich
Date: August 7th, 2010
Dinner: Buffet with pork, BBQ Chicken, a variety of veggies and a good selection of salads.
Bar: Open well with a call pay option
Gift: A Cheese set and a few kitchen utensils
Lodging: Cottage
Miles Traveled: 811
Estimated cost: $150.00
Fuel, Gift, food along the way
Music: DJ
Misc:



No comments:
Post a Comment